The Kambah, Gold Creek (Nicholls) and Holt COVID-19 testing centres will be closed tomorrow (Thursday 13 January) due to unavoidable supply issues.
Shortages are being experienced across the country whilst demand for COVID-19 testing remains high.
The Mitchell and Garran clinic will remain open in addition to other testing clinics in the ACT.
Please note all testing clinics continue to be in high demand.
We would like to remind people to only get tested if they need to.
This includes people who:
- have COVID-19 symptoms
- are at high or moderate risk of being exposed to COVID-19.
- have been instructed by ACT Health to get a test
- need to confirm a positive COVID-19 rapid antigen test (RAT) in the following cases only:
- over 20 weeks pregnant
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander aged 55 years and over
- aged 16 years and over and unvaccinated or partially vaccinated (one dose only)
- aged 65 years+
- significantly immunosuppressed (as identified by a health professional due to your condition or treatments)
Remember, if you have recorded a positive rapid antigen test (RAT) result, you do not need to confirm this with a PCR test.
We ask you to report your positive RAT to ACT Health using our online form.
We will let the community know when the Kambah, Gold Creek and Holt COVID-19 testing clinics reopen.
More information about our COVID-19 testing.